Year 10 Students take part in the Urban Camp organised by Berry St.
This camp worked around the Worlds of Work (WOW) program. Which aims to build the skills and beliefs that young people need to make successful transitions into life beyond school.
Over one intensive week, WOW takes Year 10 students on a journey that broadens their view on what it means to be successful in the changing world of work. The students take part in workshops focusing on personal development and future employment, conversations with employees from a number of Australia’s leading workplaces.
Students comments after their week at Urban Camp:
- “My week on WOW has taught me how to use my initiative and be confident in myself when meeting new people.”
- “It’s been an insightful experience because it’s shown me that workplaces in the city seem like they’d be pretty cool places to work at”
- “At the start of the week I didn’t know what to expect. I was nervous that what I said would be the wrong answer but over time I realised there is no wrong or right answer. I’m now fairly confident with talking to strangers and teamwork has played a big role in our group!”
- “This week at WOW I have gained a better idea on what success means to me”
- “Success isn’t acing something. It’s completing a goal you set”
Below are links to the final video presentations developed by the Year 10 Groups:
Group 2: https://vimeo.com/49002425
Group 3: https://vimeo.com/49003125
Group 4: https://vimeo.com/49003325
Group 5: https://vimeo.com/49002129